Friday, April 18, 2008

hockey? really?

yes. as a step in adapting to our surroundings (a very slow process), we've begun watching the Habs play hockey - streamed live from the cbc website. it's oddly fun. i never spent much time actually watching hockey, but after a few games my eyes have adjusted and i'm resonably good at following the puck and flow of play. the road to the stanley cup (which is in June!) has begun and for round one, montreal is in a 7 game series against the boston bruins. during the regular season
montreal beat boston in all 8 games, but they haven't been as successful in this series and last night they got stomped, giving up 4 goals in the last period, all of them stupidly, to lose 5-1 IN MONTREAL!!!!. the series continues with game 6 in boston tomorrow.

2 comments:

Carroll Van Horn said...

I'm truly impressed that you can actually follow a hockey puck. I have trouble keeping track of the football..........them quarterbacks are sneaky!

"I never write my mind the way i want it to read" said...

Happy birthday Ezzy!!

"Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive."
-Mel Brooks

Kevin Wright